Sunday 11 September 2011

10 years on

Where were you? Everyone who is old enough to remember the visions of those planes smashing into those buildings knows exactly where they were when it happened. It's scary that I was a 15 year old, sorting out the papers for my paper round, watching the events unfold, and I now have 2 nieces that weren't even born, I have the love of my life who I hadn't even met and she's now my wife. Time moves fast, but some things stay with you. That feeling on the day that perhaps changed the world that we know it, that pushed the idea of terrorism into the mainstream.


Of course I am talking about 9/11. Since then yes there has been wars going on, other terror attacks, even films made, but that was perhaps the catalyst of the world we now know. I wanted to, on this landmark anniversary of the attacks, look at what the Bible says about terrorism. Here are some verses:


There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.Proverbs 6:16-19


Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.Romans 12:19-21


No comments:

Post a Comment