Sunday 22 April 2012

Running the Race

I've been running a little bit recently. I started off last month with a 6 mile effort (which left me unable to move properly for a few days) and then today went out for a slightly smaller effort of just over 3km. I'm no marathon runner, but well done to all those who completed today's London Marathon.


It's funny really. I felt great for the first couple of kilometres but then started to flag. The massive hill didn't help much but I thought about our relationship with Christ. How we walk, run, sprint, jump, basically journey with God. How he is with us in every journey we do, all parts of our life. He supports us, he gives us strength when perhaps we would otherwise give up, he's forever with us if we are with him.


There are loads of passages in the Bible about running. I'm sure you know a few yourself and can lean on them when you need. Here's one that I found about endurance.


"For you need endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised." - Hebrews 10:36

No comments:

Post a Comment