Thursday 3 February 2011

BeBe Vox Interview

Hello BeBe Vox. How are you doing? Where are you currently? 


Hiya - I'm absolutely fab thanks and I'm at the Innervation office. 


How's 2011 going thus far?


2011 is going swimmingly well! I have just come back from doing a Schools week in Nottingham where by I went into 9 different primary schools holding a mini concert in their assemblies and invited all the kids to one of my back to back concerts at The Forest City Ground put on at the end of the week! It was so successful...tons of kids turned up and we had a blast of a show! It was amazing to be able to tell them all about the gospel too!!!


If people don't know what you and your music are about, how would you describe yourself?


I'm a pop artist who sings songs written from a Christian perspective. 


Where did the name come from?


Well BeBe is a play on my initials (Beth Ellis) and Vox is the techie name for vocals (plus it's Latin for 'Voice') So we decided to put them together to make BeBe Vox... so in essence it means 'my voice' haha!


You've had a couple of singles released, which would you say was your most successful and how would you define success?


I would say that my debut single 'All This Time' was the most successful. I was a brand new artist (hardly established at all) and within a matter of a couple of months from touring round schools and churches I had managed to get my song into the top 20 in the Radio 1 dance charts. Cool eh! I think real success is achieving what God wants me to achieve, which will be even better than my own plans.  But I also believe that God listens to the desires of our hearts. 


What's your favourite track to play live?


Oh I love singing 'She Got It Bad' ... It's got loads of energy and it always rocks! 


What message do you want to give through your music?


That God loves you no matter who you are, what you've done or where you come from. 


Back to your roots, when did you give your life to God?


I became a Christian around the age of 7... I can't actually remember a defining moment but I just knew that he was my Lord (think I prayed the salvation prayer a few times ... you know just to be sure... haha) 


How did you first come to music?


I was about 19 when I realised that this was a dream God had given me and wanted me to pursue so I picked up singing lessons from that moment on.


Where do you find influences?


I guess its a combination of artists... I have always loved Kylie, Britney and Beyonce but from the Christian scene it's been Natasha Bedingfield, Nicole C Mullen, Jaci Velasquez and Rachael Lampa!


Who would you love to perform with, past or present? 


Any of the above really.... but my ultimate would be Beyonce!!!


What artists have you most loved sharing a stage with? 


Defo thebandwithnoname!!!!


What are you currently listening to on your mp3 player? 


NOW 77 


Who do you think is going to sum up the sound of 2011? 


I don't know but I love a lot of the songs in the charts at the moment... I guess Rhianna seems to be on a bit of a winning streak, Katy Perry and maybe Bruno Mars?!??!?!?! 


God's Earth is a huge place, where have you most enjoyed visiting, what cultures have you embraced?


I went to Swaziland to work in an orphanage for a month and that was fun to visit. I also worked in Spain during my gap year and sooooo wanted to look Latino when I was there!!! Tried getting the well tanned skin and dark hair!!! Just wanted to be Spanish! lol.


What's the best live performance you've played?


FRENZY!!!!


What do you miss the most when you're on the road touring?


I sooooo miss my own home - there is no place like home right!!! and also I'm married, so I miss not being with my man!


How has the Christian music scene developed since you've been a part of it? 


Well things seem to be changing all the time... but sadly lots of bands have come to an end... so have some festivals for that matter! :-(  However, I'm excited about the future, as there are loads of schools opportunities and there is also a huge amount of potential for downloads.


If BeBe Vox was a Jelly Bean, what colour and flavour would you be and why?


I would be pink and strawberry flavour! Coz I think I wanna be seen as sweet!!!!! haha


Some quick fire questions: 


Tea or coffee? 


Tea


Summer or winter? 


Summer


Superman or Batman? 


Superman hands down!!!


Mac or PC? 


Mac


Bread or Wine? 


Wine


Favourite passage from the Bible? 


Proverbs 3v5


How is your debut album coming together? Can you reveal a name yet? When is it due? 


It's coming - keep an eye on my website www.bebevox.com for info coming soon!!!


What should we expect from the album?


Lots of wicked tuneage! 


How does it feel being in a position where you can influence so many young people? Do you feel the pressure or does God talk easily through you and your music?


The position is such a privilege and not one I take lightly at all!!! Course I feel the pressure! Kids will watch my every move and I know that I hold a great responsibility to be the best role model i can be!!!  


How is it being part of the Innervation Trust which launched artists such as Thebandwithnoname to the world? 


Its fab! I have a great team surrounding me!!! I do miss thebandwithnoname tho!!!!


What was it like to share a stage with them knowing they have changed so many people's lives for the better? 


It was well special! I learnt so much whilst being on the road with those guys! 


What's coming up in 2011 and next on the agenda for BeBe Vox? 


Loads of Schools gigs...festivals... more singles releases and an album to come soon!!!!


And finally, how would you describe the love of God for all those people who perhaps get embarrassed about calling themselves a Christian, those who are unsure of their direction and of course those already on their journey with Christ?


Learn to quickly know who you are in Christ.... Remember the fundamentals, all that He has done for you and keep those truths close to your heart. There's no need to be embarrassed at all! You have eternal life and we need to tell all our friends and family about the good news! To those of you unsure of your direction... get praying... seek God on what He wants and ask a pastor or a youth leader to help you through it and to you lot already on the journey keep going strong (my nanna actually said this to me in her final hours before going to be with Jesus) Keep strong, keep on going in all that you're doing!!! and I shall see you at the finishing line!!! 


Thanks Bebe! 



No comments:

Post a Comment