Friday 11 February 2011

Jeanne Marie Interview

Hello Jeanne Marie. How are you doing? Wonderfully! Where are you currently? 


I am in NC at home.


How’s 2011 going thus far? 


2011 has started out great! I am so blessed.
  
If people don’t know Jeanne Marie, how would you describe yourself? 


Hmm..Jeanne Marie is FIRST a woman of God, who loves being a wife to her fabulous husband, I am goofy and at times kinda weird! I love to have fun, love to laugh, be in my pj's, play board games, and just hang!  


When did you give your life to God and what made your life turn in God’s direction? 


I was 13 years old and at a christian sports camp (FCA). I felt as though the speaker was talking directly to me telling me that I thought I knew Jesus, but in all reality was not in an intimate relationship with Him. That night I walked down the isle and my life changed forever. My walk with God has been a roller coaster ride of ups and downs, but He is so so faithful to pull me back to him time after time.  


You've released your debut album entitled Destiny. How has that been received? Would you say it has been successful and how would you define success? 


Destiny has been very successful in my eyes, I define success as if only one person can say that something that I had in a song helped them through something or brought them to God or closer to God, I am a huge success, ALL FOR HIS GLORY!  


What’s your favorite track from the 12 song album? 


My favorite track is "Red", I feel it is such a powerful song and something I am so passionate about.  


Which do you most enjoy playing live? 


I would have to say, "Storybook Lies" It is fast, and I find it fun to have to sing a lot of words fast :) Not to mention the words are very powerful!  


Why did you decide on Destiny for the album title? 


I decided on Destiny because I want people to hear this album and know that they have a destiny, and God will lay it out for them.  


What would you say your destiny is? 


My destiny is to bring the word of God to youth and young people through music. 


What do you feel God has planned for you?


I know God has big things planned for me, I believe in His divine will, and I believe that If I continue to seek Him everyday He will continue to reach people through me and my music, and I hope to be doing this for a long time!  


What message do you want to give through your music? 


I want to give a message of hope, encouragement, love, and non-judgement. I want people to come away from listening to the album with a smile on their face, knowing that there first IS a God, and second that God LOVES them no matter what they have been through, done, or experienced, He has a plan for each and every life.  


Back to your roots, how did you first come to music? 


Music has always been a huge part of my life and my family. My Dad and Mom introduced me to the classics at a very early age: Nat King Cole, The Temptations, Etta James, Luther Vandross, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Carole King, Otis Redding… and so many more. At an older age, and as my faith grew, I was influenced by the greats in Christian music as well!  


Where do you find influences? 


I still find influence in the great 50's and 60's jazz and blues musicians, but also in people like Natalie Grant, Francesca Battastelli, Britt Nicole, JJ Heller, Chris August, Michael W. Smith, Toby Mac… and so many more.  


How do you write music, how does the process work? 


I collaborate with other song writers for my album. I sit with them and basically pour out my heart, who I am, where I have been, what I have seen, and I give them ideas of what I want the song to sound like, then they with their great expertise in writing ( that I unfortunately do not have) come up with awesome songs!  


Who would you love to perform with, past or present? 


I'll answer both :) Past: Nat King Cole. Present: JJ Heller 


What artists have you most loved sharing a stage with? 


Pointmen, they are a awesome Christian rap group, and also great friends!   


What are you currently listening to on your mp3 player? 


Otis Redding is in my CD player in the car.  


Who do you think is going to sum up the sound of 2011? 


I think and hope a sound that pushes the envelope and exposes more and more people to the Gospel.  


God's Earth is a huge place, where have you most enjoyed visiting, what cultures have you embraced? 


Culture is something that I love! I embrace many different cultures but I guess the one that I am most familiar with is the Hispanic Culture, I served on missions trips in Guatemala and when I worked in Inner-city Philly it was predominately Puerto Rican.  


Best live performance you’ve played? 


Faith Walk Church, the people were awesome and it was right around the corner from our house so we met some friends!  

What do you miss the most when you’re on the road touring? 


Food! I love food, and come from a very very big Italian family, so I miss home cooked meals, especially my Dad's homemade spaghetti sauce. 


How has the Christian music scene changed since you've been part of it? 


I think that the sound has changed and still is changing. I think that more and more artists are trying to reach the world with their sound, so they can lead souls to Christ. I see more beat and style in the music now.  


How does it feel to be in a position to inspire so many people, including young people to turn their lives to Christ?


It is an unbelievable feeling, that I honestly could not live without. Being able to reach people for Jesus and be a messenger of Christ to change a life, is without a doubt in my mind the reason I am on this earth. It is the reason my heart beats.


If Jeanne Marie was a Jelly Bean, what color and flavor would you be and why? 


I was often called (and still am) Jeanne Jeanne the Jelly Bean, so this is a very fitting question. Color would be blue, its my favorite:) Flavor would be ….this sounds nasty, but pickle…I could eat jars of pickles… mmm mmm.  


Some quick fire questions: 


Tea or coffee? 


Tea 


Summer or winter? 


SUMMER 


Superman or Batman? 


Superman 


Mac or PC? 


Mac 


Bread or Wine? 


Bread 


Favorite passage from the Bible? 


Duet. 31:8 

Your blog posts are inspiring. Do you enjoy that alternative outlet of creativity, whilst still using words to help bring people God's word? 


Yes. I have had so may people tell me that the blog has touched their heart for Jesus.  I believe that blogging is powerful and it gives them some encouragement that they can keep coming back to.  So, yes, I think that the blog is a great way to spread the word of God. 

What’s coming up in 2011 and next on the agenda for Jeanne Marie? 


Lots of shows, and the birth of our first BABY! We are so blessed and excited! 2011 will be a great year!

And finally, how would you describe the love of God for all those people who are unsure of their direction and of course those already on their journey with Christ? 


The love of God is like no other love that you will ever experience, it is the kind of love that truly has no condition. Love that will accept you through the many mistakes you have and will make. Love that has no boundaries and no judgment. Love that doesn't see color, weight, grades, cars, clothes, or anything else that people judge you for. Try it, believe me, you will NOT regret it!  


Thanks Jeanne, have a blessed day!


Jeanne Marie Website | Follow Jeanne on Twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment