Thursday 2 December 2010

Open Up

It's been a crazy week here in the north of England. Snow, everywhere, people can't drive, colleagues can't get to work, I was sent home from work due to the freak weather and as usual no one is prepared. Would you be prepared if the event wasn't snow, and instead was the return of Christ?

Probably not. I know I probably wouldn't be. He has my life in his hands but I'm sure that my preparations would be tiny and his coming would go way deeper than any snow that has fallen these past few days. Maybe we'd all be more prepared if we discussed it with friends, shared our faith and opened our hearts. Our friends, every Thursday, have started opening the doors of their house to anyone who wants to come and talk about God and share their faith. These are the people who have said they weren't sure about their calling and when I set up this blog and when my Mrs sorted out her youth groups website were even less sure about what their calling is. But really, I've always known what their calling is. Being there for others.

Whenever needed they will be there, guaranteed. They are a loving household who extend the word family to include more than just the four of them. Their open house represents their open hearts. Unfortunately this evening, due to the car being buried, we cannot make it to share a brew and biscuit together and discuss the big man upstairs, but I have no doubt that right now they will be helping someone with a problem, talking to a group about faith and ultimately bringing people closer to God. That is their calling.

What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment