Thursday 24 March 2011

Employment

I often find it difficult that I work where I work. I found it difficult straight out of university to get a job. They came, went, interviews came and went, redundancies happened, places were cutting back, last in, first out, you know the score.

We finally prayed about one job, my current job, and i've been there for two and a half years now! But should I be working there? I don't know...if I've prayed to God about it and he's put me there then yes, I should be. But it's a betting company, people gamble, which is a sin yes!?

Surely God wouldn't put me in a position where I assist people to gamble, I work to aid their sin? Yes, he did. I'm not sure why - but he did. Maybe so I can share my faith with co-workers, so I can make a positive difference? I don't know, he hasn't given me those answers yet, but I know he put me there for a reason. He puts us in different places for numerous reasons. He tests us, he changes our direction, alters our lives, and in ways that perhaps we don't really want, but he does it, because he has a plan for each and every one of us.

Yes sometimes I get annoyed with my job, sometimes I enjoy it, especially as I'm progressing in the company. But there is constantly that niggling at the back of my head, should I be here. Ultimately I've been put here for a reason so I've got to put it into his hands, which is where it is anyway, and go with it. Hopefully you can do the same if you question where you are, not only with work, but in everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment